Okay, so I decided that after watching all the kids in our neighborhood wheel around on these little skate boards, that I HAD to try it too! It looks like so much fun and I must admit for about four or five months or so, I have wanted to stop every kid that rolls by to ask if I can try. Steve of course, told me that I would break something or scare the kids away. After checking the weekly Sunday paper for great deals and coupons, I saw the KMart ad. They had the "Ripstik" on sale for $39.99! Woohoo! What a steal! These babies go at $89. So, I did what any good bargain hunter does and I took the ad up to the PXtra to get my Ripstik at KMart's price.
Dude! First, let me start off by saying those kids are talented! After trying to get our balance in the house, Steve and I ventured outside to try out our new little toy. It's scary...I don't know if it is the fear of breaking something or splitting something open. You have to balance and wiggle at the same time. Trust me when I say...this is a challenging task. My arms start flailing, my butt starts poking out, and then comes the intense shrill as I feel my legs going one way and my upper body going the other. Super scary, but FUN! I am addicted already, however, I must also say that it "pisses" me off at the same time. I want to be good, but this is going to take some practice.
6 years ago


You both are too funny. I see all the kiddos in our neighborhood on them too and can't even imagine trying one out. I still have yet to master the skateboard! Good Luck! And on another note you look wonderful.
ReplyDelete