Linds this is for you! I am just sorry I am so slow and the only picture that I will post (later-as I promised pics of the boys too) is of a finished meal. A long my journey as a military wife I have been so blessed by wonderful friends that know how to cook. So the recipes that I am sharing today are not from my cookbook, but those from my dear friends.
Mexican Meatloaf (that's what I like to call it)
1lb ground beef (turkey works well too)
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce/divided
1/3 C shredded cheddar cheese
2T chopped onion
2T chopped green bell pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (say that 5x fast)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 C instant rice
Mix all the ingredients together, using only half of the can of tomato sauce. Form in a loaf pan and pour the remaining tomato sauce on top. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Then Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top.
A little side note about this fabulous Mexican Meatloaf, it is really the recipe for stuffed green bell peppers. If you wanted to give that a try you just core out the bells and put the meat loaf mixture inside. I won't lie, when I make this meatloaf I always add about half a chopped bell and about equal parts onion, but we like those things.
This recipe was given to me by my very close friend, Dawn Wester. Thank you Dawn!
Now if you want to have a yummy side, I also have a passed down recipe from our old landlord in Manhattan Kansas. Thank you Mrs. Pam Westmeyer, this has become my new favorite side.
Mexican Rice
1C long grain rice
chopped onion (to taste, I used a 1/4C)
chopped garlic (to taste, I used 2T)
1/4C tomato sauce
1 3/4 C chicken broth/stock
Brown the rice in a little oil. Once slightly brown, add the onion and garlic and continue browning. Pour in the tomato sauce and chicken broth, bring to boil. Then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 20-30 minutes and do not uncover until done.
6 years ago


You're totally speaking my language sister! This baby demands Mexican food all the time. Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteI am just sorry that it took so long to get it to you! Hopefully Matt will like the meatloaf. :)
ReplyDelete