This past weekend Steve, the boys and I ventured out to Clarksville, TN to look for a new home to live in while we are at Campbell. We went out with several houses in mind to look at and also to see what type of house we were offered from post. Very quickly we learned that on post housing was NOT an option. How in the world the families that live there already do, is beyond me! Wow! That is all I can say, the houses (which were the "newer" houses), seriously, were right on top of each other. The street was so crowded with cars we barely could drive through, not ideal. Maybe Steve and I have been spoiled, maybe we just have high expectations, either way those houses were horrible.
So very quickly we learned we would be renting off post. Our trip though it started out very disappointing, turned out to be VERY successful. I can say that I am very glad that I took the time to look up some houses before we went out. I still am not sure what the realtor really did, since we found the house we are renting. The good thing is, Steve and I have one less thing to worry about now. We found a house in a great location. It is about 10 minutes from the post gate, 5 minutes from this giant outdoor park, 5 minutes from one of the movie theaters, and 10 minutes from major shopping. Really we scored a central location! Plus, the home is beautiful and will definitely meet the needs for our family. Yay!
6 years ago


That is wonderful! When are you all headed up there?
ReplyDeleteMany years ago you wrote the sweetest message in my freshman yearbook. It meant the world to me and I never forgot it. Everytime I see your blog or on facebook I think about that!
ReplyDeleteThat's a huge relief to know where you're going to live! We are house hunting in NY in a few weekends and I'm a little nervous about it!
ReplyDeleteI'm so thrilled for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYay! It sounds perfect! Did you get any pictures?
ReplyDelete