Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mowing the Lawn

I know most people don't enjoy mowing the lawn. I don't really mind it one way or the other. Now what I mind is our little mower, her name is Tori the Toro. I tell you, maybe I just have issues with mowers, but once I get that baby started, I should never let her stop. For some reason, I can start the mower once, maybe two or three times, but after that...NOTHING! AHHH! So, for me it is essential to have someone who can start the mower home while I am cutting the yard. That rarely happens. I have been trying to get the lawn mowed while, Steve is at work and the kids are napping. This allows us to have more time together as a family on the weekends. However, when you have to bag the backyard because it rains ALL. THE. TIME. That requires starting the mower more than my three good starts.

Let me paint the picture. There is me running shorts, old shoes, tank and glasses pushing around the mower...getting the job done. Then as I work my way to the backyard, I am feeling pretty confident. "I can do it today I say to myself, it won't be so bad." I get the bagger set up and start the mower (2nd time). Man, I am doing good...the yards lookin' good, I'm all sweaty and stinky and I have to stop. Dump the grass and start the mower again. Humm...only this time Tori doesn't want to start.


Here's me..."Come on Tori, work with me girl." Wamp-wamp, the engine barely catches. "I. CAN. DO. THIS." Wamp-wamp. "Please, let me get the mower started." Wamp-wamp. "I. HATE. YOU. MOWER." Wamp-wamp. "I'll go get a drink of water and she'll start up when I get back, she just needs a break." I go, get a drink, come back and... wamp-wamp. "Come on Tori!" Wamp-wamp. "Why don't you like me, mower." Wamp-wamp. "I. HATE. YOU."


And that is how this story ends. Good old Tori got the better of me today and yes, please don't laugh to hard...we do have a TORO, which means they are suppose to start on the first pull. HA! Right, I would like to call their bluff. Here is my unfinished backyard. Maybe tomorrow? If it doesn't rain all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment