Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Quilting Passion

On my trip out to KC, I also got to do some quilting. You see Mom H left several finished quilt tops that needed to be quilted. I love quilting, I would spend the rest of my life quilting and be as happy as a lark, and I have Mom to thank for it. She got me started in quilting, I was reluctant at first. But after my first quilt, I was hook and I dove in full heartily. There is something about the feel of new fabric, piecing it together to make a beautiful top, and my favorite...the way a quilt feels after it has been quilted. It is so...soft, so bumpy...I. LOVE. IT! Now Steve, I am sure he is cursing the day that he made me give it a try. You see, he thought it would be a great bonding experience, that I could be that daughter that Mom never had, and well he was very right. However, he didn't think off the addiction that he would get me into, the several thousands of dollars it would end up costing and the mess that comes with having a sewing/quilting station. I know he cringes a little when he sees the piles or hears about the bill, but deep down I know that he is proud that I was able to learn this amazing gift from his mom and that in some way her love is wrapped up in each quilt that I make.




Chris' quilt, one of Mom's last quilts that she made.


Feathered wreaths and feathers.

All the quilting from back!

Steve's College Graduation Quilt



More feathered wreaths and swirly buds.

Random Jelly Roll Quilt

Pebbles, swirls, and flowery things.

Sophie's Quilt: I made this one and quilted it.


I tried to do something that was alittle retro...hopefully it worked. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    You are so amazingly gifted at this. I think it's beautiful that you were able to bond with your mother in law over quilting. What a gift to be able to finish the quilts for her so that it's a part of you and her together. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful!! Those pictures make me want to get to work on my unfinished projects. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete