Monday, March 21, 2011

Fort Donelson

A couple weekends ago there was a break in the weather and we had a beautiful day. We hopped in the car and went out to find Ft. Donelson. Clarksville has a lot of history surrounding it and why not take advantage of seeing something new. Here are a few of the pictures from our trip.


While hiking around this National Battlefield we saw so many signs of spring and life. The most amazing thing we saw was a couple of bald eagles! It was the closest I've EVER seen these magnificent birds in person (other than in a zoo).


Kyle was a trooper, he hiked 2 miles without us having to pick him up once! Owen was a half trooper, he did a good amount of walking and some riding too.



This was our second bald eagle!


Two tuckered boys.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! Your boys are so cute. I'm glad you're back to blogging, I enjoy reading about your adventures. Yay for spring and the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to go exploring in new places. How awesome that y'all got to see some bald eagles!!! The boys are growing so fast. I miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete