(The more you have, the harder it is to breathe.)
So now for the big question...do I feel 28? Humm...not really, actually I am sitting here wondering where the heck the time went? How do I have a little boy who is almost 3 and one that will be 1 in the blink of an eye? Gee, I guess now I know how my parents feel...time flies by. The one thing that I will say I have noticed is, within the last two weeks, I have found quite a few gray hairs! What the heck is that about? Getting closer to 30=Gray hairs?
Anyways, my morning started out with me rushing to the bathroom at 7:20am to help Kyle go potty. I have found that in the early morning if I don't want to be scrubbing up dry potty, then I better assist. So I head to the Nemo bathroom, help Kyle go potty, and have a groggy little boy turn to me with bright tired eyes and say, "Mommy-it's your bir-f-day! You can open your presents, Daddy said, you got cars!" What a great way to start the day, I love it!
Here are a couple pics after this morning's walk as we open up presents.
Laura got this super cool necklace at Krystallos! Thanks dude, I love it.
My dear friend, Dawn Wester, made me this awesome apron! Super excited!!
The boys got me a new jogging watch so we can keep track of time, can't wait to try it out!
Mom & Dad Harker gave me a cool purse that Mom made & Chris gave me a quilt kit of pretty pinks and browns.
Steve...found me the Jim Shore nativity set that I have been trying to get for like 5 years! What an awesome husband! Thank you, Steve!
This is me...sporting my new watch, necklace, & crazy slippers that Mom & Dad H gave me.
(I think they were trying to spice it up a bit with the leopard print. Ha!)
(I think they were trying to spice it up a bit with the leopard print. Ha!)
I will post a picture of my new dishes once I get them. Mom and Dad Gilbert sent money so that I could order my green fiesta dishes. After Steve and the boys added the yellow sets for Mother's Day, I decided I couldn't live without the green too. So shortly, my set will be complete and I will have the Shamrock Green! I can't wait!!
Thank you again for all the wonderful gifts and birthday wishes! I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who care about me. I must say turning 28 didn't bring tears to my eyes this year, maybe it's because I have so many things to be thankful for. I love you all!


Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Amanda! Happy Birthday to you!
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing! Hope you had a wonderful day, it definitely sounds like you did.