Monday, September 14, 2009

Lone Star Rodeo

This last weekend was a fun one for us. We took the boys to their first rodeo...or should I say I took the boys. It was also a first for Steve. Of course Steve and I debated whether or not we should go, it didn't start until 7:30, which is bed time for our little guys. We decided that it was a must, as Kyle has been running around with his life vest on, his rain boots, his helmet, and holding on to Max's collar as he tries to ride "his horse." Needless to say, Kyle loved the rodeo, Steve had fun and a long awaited funnel cake, and Owen sleep for a small portion. We had a great night.

PS. Steve says, "Why do you have to make me look like the fat kid? You had just as much as the funnel cake as I did and you enjoyed it too!" LOL


We also went to the River walk in downtown Augusta. I will say this...the area isn't quite the nicest. Very run down, which is very sad because it has great potential. I had hoped to go down and work on taking great pictures of a beautiful riverside...not so much. There was trash floating in the shore line and sad, but true, homeless people sleeping on benches. However, I did get to take a couple neat pictures.


3 comments:

  1. I love Cowboy Kyle, too cute! Do you have an Ergo Carrier? I so want one of those the next time around and what kind of camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have the Ergo...I love it. It really evens out the kiddo load. I think it is a lot nicer on the back.
    Camera-we got the Nikkon d5000. We actually are in need of a new lens, one with a closer zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the rodeo was lots of fun! And funnel cake...yum! Love the photo of the brick wall!

    ReplyDelete