Sunday, January 3, 2010

Quilt Exchange

I am so excited! I finally can post pictures of the quilt I made for the Hot Mamma's Quilt Exchange. Last year was my first year participating in the exchange and the group was made up of six ladies; Linda (my mother-in-law), Denise, Liz, Kiwi, Carol, and myself. Each year we have a goal or theme that we have to stick with for the exchange, last year the theme was stars. The quilt I made was for Kiwi.

Quilt Name: Star Flowers

This year the quilt theme was a snail's trail block and I drew Liz. Now, it was kinda funny because before we ever drew names I had a vision for the quilt I was going to make. It just turned out that I drew Liz, her last name is Light, and she likes light houses. The quilt I made was a lot of fun and was hard to give up when the time came, but Liz is now the happy owner of a seascape quilt. It was also super cool because while I was home I was able to quilt it all on my own. In the bottom right hand corner, I was able to quilt the inspiration I found in this quilt, "Shine from Within." This also happens to be the quilt name and I found Psalms 27 to be very suiting, which is also quilted in the bottom right corner.

This is Liz opening her quilt...

Quilt Name: Shine from Within

If you look hard enough you can see Psalm 27 in the border and Shine from Within quilted under the boat.

Inside the lighthouse, I did some had work. Which includes a monogram of J-L-L and some vines.

This is the quilt that Linda made for me! I love the color combination teal and brown! The pop-up flowers are super cool too! Thank you, Mom.

This quilt was made by Kiwi for Carol, however, this year Carol had to pull out of the exchange. So, this beautiful quilt now belongs to Denise. If you look closely you can see 4 cats with linking tails. Inside the cream background, the quilting is poinsettias!

This stunning quilt was made by Liz for Linda! The combination of black and white are simply striking. Right now, I must admit, I have a thing for black and white. Heck, I guess really it is on-going for me. This quilt was unique because the snail's trail block was made out of the log cabin block.
The last quilt was made for Kiwi by Denise, but I haven't had a chance to see it yet. I am sure that it is just as beautiful and stunning as all the other quilts this year. I am so lucky to have been included in this group of very talented ladies! I look forward to next year and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with as we complete the PINEAPPLE block theme!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda you are RIDICULOUSLY talented. The Shine from Within quilt you made is so beautiful. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts, Amanda! You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZA! That quilt is beyond awesome, Amanda!! I am so impressed with your work...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete