Some of you will read this post and think TMI (To Much Information), some of you will laugh hysterically because you will know what I am talking about.
So first off, the story of the Sketcher Shape-Ups, aka "Butt Shoes." A while back Lindsay (my old neighbor on good old Stillwell) shared in a blog about these amazing shoes her sister, Lesley, had gotten her. When she started talking about them I had no idea what the heck they were, so I asked and then checked out the site. Linds went on explaining that she nicknamed the shoes "butt shoes" because all the commercials had pictures of women's dairy-airs showing while they walked around in these great shoes. Yup...and that is exactly what I saw too.
Now, when I first saw these shoes, I joked with Steve that I needed them. That if I too had these shoes maybe I could "grow my butt back" and it would look like all these women in the commercials. Ha! Of course I was teasing, I knew my butt was gone a long time ago. It is funny how having kids does things to your body. One year you have a butt and the next, you don't. Or should I say you do, but it is a (now don't laugh to hard) pancake butt. It is kinda like the nice perky boobs that you had before kids and then the mommy boobies you are left with after. Sigh, oh well, you get great kids in the long run right?! And heck, that is what push up bras are for!
So back to the butt shoes, they are actually great for a lot of things. I like to think of it as a constant BOSU ball workout, only using tennies. If you haven't used a BOSU, I highly recommend it, GREAT workout! Shape-Ups are great for improving posture, increasing blood circulation, strengthening your back muscles, firming butt, thigh, and calf muscles, reduce knee joint stress, and help tighten abdominal muscles.
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment