Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Prayer

So this week our Mom started her first round of chemo treatment. Steve's mom has been battling cancer for several years now, but after a visit to Texas, we have high hopes that we will kick this thing in the butt this time and she will live a cancer free life again.

We ask that you all will keep Linda in your prayers as she completes this week's chemo (this will be the first of two, possibly three treatments). That her white blood counts remain high enough that she can still enjoy the company of her friends and family. That the chemo, as toxic as it is, passes through her body without making her feel too crumby and sick. Most of all we ask that you pray that the chemo does what it needs to do this time, that it kills the cancer, and that Linda will recover from this draining disease and be back on the road to living cancer free.

Thank you all for keeping Linda and our family in your prayers, they are definitely heard.

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, Steve and Amanda. My mom has cancer and is just finishing up with her chemo and radiation treatments. This whole experience has given me a more sensitive heart for others who are going through the same thing. I will definitely be praying for Linda and everyone in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine. You're definately in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm saying a prayer for you all and Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope she is doing well nearing the end of this week. Your all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your prayers. Steve's mom actually had a REALLY tough week. The chemo was very hard on her body, but she is starting to slowly bounce back. Her next treatment is in two weeks, so we are praying that it goes much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying hard for Linda and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete