This month the topic is 7 Favorite Vacation Spots or Places you've Lived.
- My favorite place that I have ever lived, is Germany. Hands down, it was the coolest place ever! You could drive an hour and be in a different country, there were beautiful castles EVERYWHERE, the land is gorgeous (Germans really respect their land), and things move just a little slower. We were blessed to have the opportunity to live there, it opened so many doors for travel.
- My next favorite place would be Holland. While living in Germany, I got to go on a trip with my 5th grade class for a week. Again everything is beautiful, there are windmills, tulips, wooden shoes, and cheese. So many things, so much art.
- While in 7th grade I got to go on a band trip to London for a week. Again beautiful. I got to see amazing musicals, meet the late President Richard Nixon, travel to Piccadilly Square, see the changing of the guards and the Queen's Palace.
- Kansas. Okay don't laugh. I know it isn't super cool and doesn't really have an extraordinary things that I can think of, but it is home for me. It is the first place that I lived growing up that I claimed as my home. Growing up in a military family, we moved everywhere. Kansas is where I did middle and high school, then graduated college. It's home and we all know "there's no place like home." Ha!
- Fort Sill, Oklahoma. I loved living in Oklahoma as a kid. We did so many fun outdoor family acitivities. I remember my mom taking me to the outdoor pool, going on family bike rides, hiking the one and only "mountain," and listening to my dad play his guitar on the back porch under the stars. Ft. Sill was where I remember so many childhood memories.
- Hawaii is where I was born and though I was very little, I remember a few small things. I remember washing the truck with my dad in the drive, I remember being pushed on the tree swing, and I remember BBQing on our back porch. I would love to go back and I know when I do, I will have a new appreciation for Hawaii.
- My last place is really an idea or my bucketlist. I would love to visit Alaska; deep sea fish, take a cruise, visit old villages where natives still live in the older ways, see the beautiful country. I would also love to visit Scottland and learn all about Steve's family history, I think we might have to bring Gram, she knows a lot.


What an interesting life you have led, Amanda! You're right, Kansas does sound a little bland compared to the others, but I really loved it there, too!
ReplyDelete