Thursday, July 7, 2011

Things I Collect

This month for Seven on the Seventh the topic is things that I collect. This is kinda hard one for me, I use to collect lots of things growing up, but as I have gotten older, I really try to throw things away that I don't need anymore. Yikes!
1. Children's Books. This would be my biggest collection, I love children's books! It's funny, I really don't read adult books to often, but kids books I am hooked on. And really, my collection spills over into adolescent books too.
2. Fabric & Quilting Things. Back in 1999, Steve's mom, got me started on my very first quilt. Now, if truth be told, I never really wanted to start quilting. Steve convinced me to give it a try and I have been hooked ever since and I also started collecting fabric. When I hop into a shop and find something that I like, but don't have a project for it, I buy a fat quarter. I also have a collection of patterns, books, threads, buttons, and UNFINISHED projects!
3. Disney Movies. I love Disney, I have since I was a kid. So naturally, I decided early on that I would buy every Disney DVD that came out. My plan was that "when I had kids" they could love Disney as much as I do and I must say I have been successful at this task.
4. Recipes. Over the years, I have collected my fair share of recipes. I get bored and tired of cooking the same thing, so I try to cook something new at least once a week. Usually, I try something new a little more often than that, but I also must say I go in cycles. Sometimes, I cook new things all week long and other weeks I revisit old recipes and cook older things.
5. T-shirts. Over the years I have kept all my old high school, college and now Army shirts. My goal is to one day make a t-shirt quilt. Hummm...for now my pile keeps on growing.
6. Tea Sets. Okay, so I never really collected these, however, now I have a collection. When Steve deployed to Iraq he sent me four tea sets. They are beautiful, I don't have them out, but they have become a collection of their own.
7. Spoons. Steve also started a spoon collection for me. I don't know how he got into collecting them for me, but he did. I have at least 7 or 8 and he keeps adding to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment