This weekend the boys and I went to the Honeysuckle Hill Farm in Springfield, TN. My friend Michelle and her family invited us to tag along to the pumpkin patch and to enjoy a day of fun, how could we say no? I will say that it was by far, THE BEST pumpkin patch I've ever been too. There were so many activities for the kids and all the fees were included in the price of the admission. There were hayrides, slides, play areas, pig races, farm animals to pet, corn mazes, you name it, they have it. It was awesome. The only thing I had to pay extra for was a bottle of water (because I left mine in the car) and our giant pumpkins. The boys even got a free little itty bitty baby pumpkin they picked out themselves. There were also mums for sale, a little bbq stand, and a farmers market. When Steve gets home, we are totally going again, it was that good!
Kyle loves trying to help Owen out, I don't think he realizes that Owen is really a big boy now. Kyle still holds onto him and shows him things, he tries to be very protective.
Michelle's little boy, Jacob, is 2 too. I loved watching Kyle try to gather the two boys up and show them the animals that were in each different pen.

When the bunnies finally came out of their little shelters, the boys were so excited! Then things got better when one came up to the fence. I love watching the kids poke their fingers through or strain as they try to reach through and pet the animals.
Surprisingly, the boys listened when I told them to leave the chickens and turkey alone. However, Kyle did keep trying to offer the turkey a leave to eat...ha!
One of the boys favorite animals to pet were the piglets. There were three of them; two were scrounging around for food and the third was basking in the sun. The boys were thrilled to love on it.
At the end of the day, Michelle snapped this picture of the boys. After three hours of fun, I was pooped and the boys were in much need of a bath. I couldn't have asked for a better day and was glad to spend in the company of good friends.
At the end of the day, Michelle snapped this picture of the boys. After three hours of fun, I was pooped and the boys were in much need of a bath. I couldn't have asked for a better day and was glad to spend in the company of good friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment