Last month, I feel off the face of the earth and forgot to do my seven on the seventh. Truth is, when I realized that I missed it, the month had already slipped away. This month, I am on it and I am early. Wow! So my friend Amanda has this fun blog and had this great idea to do a topic of the month, this month's topic is "seven things that scare you." Here goes...
1. Spiders. I have a traumatizing spider story and Mom you are to blame for this one, sorry. I have always been afraid of spiders and couldn't kill them. When I was little and we were living at Fort Sill, I remember finding a spider in the bathroom. I ran to get my mom to help me kill it, instead she insisted that I do it. I remember crying so hard with a tissue in hand and my mom holding my hand down to kill the spider. I couldn't even see it by the time it was actually time to complete the action, my eyes were so welled with tears. I hate spiders, they are scary, and they frighten me. I still jump around and screech if I have to kill one. And, if Steve is home he does the dirty work. The only type of spider that I am okay with is....silly I know, is a tarantula. Not scary for me, I guess they are big enough that I can handle it.
2. Snakes. Yet another thing that kinda freaks me out. They don't bother me as much, but they are still scary and creepy for me. I think over the years I have realized that they aren't all over the place and I am not as likely to come across one. I think I may have even developed a respect for them, they are actually quite beautiful sometimes and interesting.
3. Heights. Funny, I never really had a fear of heights until I got older. It was actually the Royal Gorge Bridge that did that for me. I am not afraid of all heights, just being high up on wooden things. I don't know why, but I feel like wood isn't as sturdy. Kinda scares me just a little. I love rip lines, obsticles, and many other things that involve heights. Just not wooden constructions that I have to stand on. Which brings me to #4...
4. Driving on bridges over large bodies of water. Since I have had kids, this too has become a fear of mine. I know I shouldn't even think these things, but I am a "what if?" kinda gal. My fear is that we are driving across the bridge and the bridge collapses, if it was Steve and I fine no worries. With two, soon to be three kids, in the car how do you all get out? How do you get the little ones to the surface before they run out of air? Scary and weird that I even think about it. I have a small plan, we have a trash can in the van and very quickly I realized we need one for each kid. You turn the can upside down and stick the kids head under it. There is enough air to get to the surface. My air issue is solved, keeping the can on their head...another problem. One we will hopefully never have to face. I am wierd, I know, Steve tells me this all the time.
5. Not being able one of my kids or another injured child in enough time. I don't worry about this a whole bunch, but it is a scary thought that is always in the back of your mind. I think once you have kids the things that scare you change. You hear about children who climb under beds in a fire, dressers that fall on kids, or just plan old running into the street. All the dangers and how little time you have is scary. You try to teach your kids the right thing and safety, but there is always that split second when excitement takes over and what you have taught them runs right out of their brains.
6. Being alone. As you can tell, I have an imagination and like I said, I am a "what if?" kinda gal. Being alone at night is hard for me, I am always thinking and I tend to think of the worst case scenarios. My mind gets the best of me, heck look at #4.
7. Steve will miss out on the last baby. Silly I know and this is really more of a worry than something that scares me, but they kinda go hand in hand. With the birth of our last one approaching and Steve's return getting closer, it worries me that I will go into labor too early. I have come to peace with Steve not being here, but I don't want him to miss too much either. Silly, he's in the Army, they come and go all the time. It's just babies change so rapidly the first year and with this being the last, I don't want him to miss a thing. He missed Kyle and in some ways Owen because he was so busy with school. I would hate to have a fourth because he missed the third. Ha! :) So with all said and done, it worries me that I won't be able to hold out or that little lady will want to make her grand entrance super early. Say a little prayer that she will hold out for two weeks and if two is too much, at least one more week.
6 years ago


Oh my Amanda, I didn't realize, we had so much in common. #4 has always been on the top of my list. And to hear times it has happened, makes it even worse. All things with the children scare me too, must be a parent thing. Prayers for little girl Harker, to hold out for Daddy!!
ReplyDelete