Sunday, December 4, 2011

Farewell Jerry

When Mom came out to help with the boys and be here for my labor if Steve couldn't make it back, she also brought a fuzzy friend for the boys. Jerry the tarantula was a resident in our home for a short month. When Steve got home, the first thing that got nixed was the spider. Steve hates spiders and well, so do I. I just don't mind tarantulas. The boys loved watching Jerry jump as we poured water into his dish, eat the crickets we got from the pet store, and just checking up on him. When it was time to get rid of Jerry, Kyle was upset and actually shed some tears. However, I found a great home for him in a high school science class. Knowing that Jerry wasn't going to get crunched by someone's sole (like Steve's buddy wanted to do for us) made giving Jerry away easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment