I am behind again, I completely skipped November. Things were just busy, things are busy still. Laundry seems to be on the top of the list everyday, lots and lots of laundry. Having a third kid makes the difference or maybe it's all the accidents we've had lately. Anyways, the topic this month is 7 things you've learned this year.
1. The biggest thing I have learned this year is how blessed I am. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the Lord continues to provide for us. Our family members travel for miles to visit and help out. My kids and husband continue to make me laugh and smile. And, I have friends here in TN that surprise me with kindness and are my second support system. We are blessed.
2. The next thing that I have learned or continue to learn, is how amazing my husband is. I couldn't ask for more, Steve helps me so much. He helps around the house, with the kids, he goes to the store, he continues to put his family before himself and for that I am so blessed and thankful. It is easy to forget all the help he offers and sometimes it takes a deployment or even just a short exercise to be reminded. I need to make more of an effort to remember how much he does and tell him thank you more often.
3. I have also learned that I love the idea of settling down. I dream of a day when we can paint our own walls, have a beautiful yard to take care of and really invest in, and have a swing set of our own for our kids to play on. I know, I love the military life and all the benefits, but I also miss not getting to go outside everyday and let the kids play. I hate having to drive 30 minutes to get to a decent park. I look forward to getting to paint my laundry room red and having a yellow room in the house. We have been blessed to have such a wonderful life in the military, but I dream of having a home we can actually call our own.
4. Another thing that I have learned is that I love having the kids home, even if they frustrate me occasionally. I am the mom that is going to cry when her first bird leaves the nest to fly. Heck, I already get weepy at the idea of Kyle going to Kindergarten and I am a teacher for heavens sake. Yeesh, I have learned that I love my kids being home and I am so lucky that I can be a stay at home mom, I wouldn't change a thing.
5. I have also learned that age is just a number. I turned 30 this year and was pretty worried about it at first, but I feel great and really can't be to bothered by it now. Age is just a number and you are only as old as you feel. And, I feel great, minus the planters fasciitis and aching knees. Ha! I guess your bones and muscles start to feel the number before your mind does.
6. I have also realized more and more, how large our society is. It makes me sad to see all the overweight kids. It makes me angry to think that I could go to jail for spanking my kids bottom, but a parent who lets their kid eat horrible things and get obese has no punishment. I have learned that health and exercise are very important to me and I hope that I can teach the importance of these things to my kids.
7. Lastly, I have learned that our world is so different than it was when I was a kid. I remember people helping one another because they wanted to, holding doors for each other, saying please and thank you, smiling, and just being courteous. It seems as though now, people are generally to busy to help anyone but themselves and forget smiling at someone because you want to be kind. I know that there are still wonderful people out there who have these basic courtesies, but there are a lot that don't. What I have learned is that we have to start somewhere and it needs to start with our kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment