Would you believe me if I told you we have been to the doctors twice this week? That Owen can can sit himself up without any help and that yes...he is cutting his second bottom tooth! Though this week has been packed full of excitement not all of it has been that pleasant. Truth be at told it has been a week of testing how much patience we have. With all that the boys have had going on, I did accomplish one awesome task. Running 3.5 miles, three days this week! Woohoo!
So to start out, I took Kyle into the doctors twice this week for two different reasons. One being a rash that he had on the back of his neck. At first, I was just treating it with Tea Tree Oil and the rash was starting to dry up and go away, then suddenly it spread. So in we went...it won't be a surprise when I tell you that the doctor had no clue what it was and prescribed a steroid cream. Which, in turn, after two uses caused the rash to spread even more. Back to Tea Tree Oil. Second, we went in for these little white bumps on the pads of his finger tips and blisters on his toes. I wanted to be sure that it wasn't Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. Which, the doctor said it wasn't, but then told me that it was just dry skin. Humm....last I checked dry skin was usually flaky, cracked, and peeled, but whatever. And to top it off with Kyle...his ears seem to have fallen off his body and we can't find them anywhere. If you find them, would you please mail them to our house and ASAP!
Owen, our little guy, is just cruising right along. He keeps Steve and I on our toes, we just can't believe how much he has changed in this month. WOw! I went into his room the other day at nap time to see him sitting up in his crib playing. Then, when he saw me he put the alligator tears on and started with, "maa-maama." Sitting and using his first word directionally, what else could our kid do? That night we are sitting at the dinner table eating and Steve is looking at Owen's mouth and says, "he is cutting another tooth." Say what?! How could it be? Two teeth! Wow!
Steve, started a new course this week after his return from the Packers game with his dad. Which he had tons of fun at. He sat through a week of CISSP classes to prep for his next certification. Don't ask, he would say that it is just as boring as it sounds. I am on an "all you need to know" basis, therefore, I would tell you it is IT (information technology) stuff that seems to be frustrating. He did however, finish his week out with his third golf lesson. Which by the way, has really improved his swing. Boys (Dad's and Bro's) his game is back...so GAME ON!
So, to sum up this week...we have a little boy who has weird skin and doesn't listen, a boy that crawls all over the place, sits up and can say my name, a daddy who is working like a mad man, and a mom that is running like crazy to relieve some stress. Better week next week?
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment