Last night I decided to try something new. We had watched Chef Guy Fieri on Fox News a few days ago and decided that we had to his very interesting pork recipe. I must say I was more on the leery side, Steve on the other hand, was all about it. So as a surprise, I decided to give it a try. Very different and yummy! Kyle loved it, then again the kid loves cream cheese.
PS- Don't laugh at my noodles...I burnt the baby red potatos.
Strawberry Pork Chop Fiesta
- 4 boneless top pork loin chops
- 4 T roasted red sweet peppers
- 4 t artichoke hearts (unseasoned)
- 8tsp cream cheese
- 8-12 jalapenos (jar slices)
- 2 Lg. strawberries
- 1 package bacon
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- Pound out your pork chop until it is about 1/4" thick.
- Chop strawberries, drained artichokes and peppers.
- Pull off Lg sheet of foil and lay down 3 or 4 pieces of bacon (shingle style), place pounded pork on top of bacon.
- Put 1 T pepper, 1 T artichoke, 2 tsp cream cheese, 3-4 slices jalapenos, 3-4 slices of strawberry at one end of loin.
- Roll loin up in foil and cook on grill 10 minutes each side. Then unwrap meat after 20 minutes and brush with honey mustard sauce. Cook until browned.
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 c beer
- 2 T honey
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- Bring to boil on stove top and reduce heat for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
Mini Cheesecakes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 c graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz container mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 c lemon curd
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 3 tsp lemon curd (optional)
- Melt butter and mix in graham cracker crumbs. Press crumbs into six cupcake tin liners and place in fridge.
- Mix together the mascarpone cheese, lemon juice, and lemon curd.
- Whip heavy cream until it forms peaks.
- Fold heavy cream into lemon cheese mixture. Then evenly distribute amongst the six liners.
- Garnish with lemon curd and swirl with tooth pick.
Enjoy! I must say my favorite part of the whole meal was dessert. Then again, I love lemons.


No comments:
Post a Comment