Now that the flu season is around the corner, I have decided to try a shopping cart cover. I was pretty certian that I could save money by making my own rather than buying one. Those things cost an arm if you buy at the store...yesh. I figured how hard could it be...get the measurements and wing it right? Then I thought, why not look online for a pattern that I could buy. That is when I stumbled upon this website, Jan Andrea at home on the web. She has a pattern that is free to use, as long as you don't market her idea and give her credit. I still think that I am going to try the slightly more difficult version where you measure the most often used cart, but for anyone else who wants to do a quick project here you go.

http://crafts.sleepingbaby.net/cart_cover.html

These are the fun fabrics I chose, bugs with a navy corduroy for the back. I also plan on adding buckles, toy tethers, and a pocket on the back.
Cool! I definitely want to see the finished project.
ReplyDelete