After dinner, I quietly slip into the bathroom for some piece and quiet. Hoping, no Praying, to be left alone. Of course, tonight is a school night for Steve, so he isn't here. Meanwhile, on the other side of the door I hear a little boy crawling over, standing up, and crying head against the door.
Me: Thinking. Sigh, "Why can't I just pee alone?"
Owen: Crying, Screaming, and bumping his head on the door (ahh-ah-h)
Kyle: "It's okay buddy, I know what to do"....pitter-patter of little feet.
Me: Thinking. "Let me guess, Kyle is going to try and unlock the door"...sigh.
Kyle: "It's okay buddy, I will let you in...Mom! Why do you lock the door?"
Me: "Kyle I am trying to use the bathroom, that is why I locked the door."
Kyle unlocks the door, using a penny, and Owen crawls in, stops crying, and tries to climb into my lap.
Kyle: "Mom, Owen wanted in, don't lock the door."
Me: "Thanks Kyle"...thinking "How does my 3 year old know how to get the door unlocked, let alone really do it?!"
I guess there won't be any alone time in the bathroom anymore...SIGHH! And just so you know, I still can't stop sighing thinking about this. Smart boy, but really?!
Oh...and just so you know, DON'T you dare try going in the bathroom when Kyle is pooping..."GET OUT MOM!!! I'm pooping!!" "Okay, Kyle. Let me know when you are done."


I know how you feel. I have yet to find my "getting away from things" spot. Now that I am a non-smoker there is no reason to step outside. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHilarious! His breaking and entering skills are impressive!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! How in the world did he figure that out? Maybe you can get a little quiet time after bedtime...
ReplyDelete-Amanda