Thursday, February 4, 2010

O-Babe'n (aka.Owen) News

Okay so the nick name is a little dumb and how we got started we will never know. Okay, okay, I know how, but don't laugh to hard. It all started over Christmas when my brother, Keith, told us his nickname for his dog Lucy and my parents dog Darby. He has decided that Lucy is straight-up German and calls her "Lucy-Ducenhausen." And well Darby (it gets even better), his nickname is "Darbiscula" and he is from the "Old Country, eastern block Romania." Of course Steve believes that Darby's name should be Darbiscuous, because he humps anything (pardon the language), but it's true he loves our dog Max. And well me...I am partial to Lucy-Goose and Darby-Doo. But, back to the story of O-Babe'n. Being around Keith even for just a few days rubbed off and I had to bring out the German heritage that we have and nickname Owen, O'Baben. Silly I know and it really doesn't even scream German, but that is how it came about.

So now, moving on to the good stuff. Lately Owen has been standing on his own. Of course he doesn't pull-up and let go or even just stand up from sitting. We have to stand him in the middle of the room and he'll just stand. Today I was practicing with our little guy and despite his fever and sore little mouth (I am pretty sure that he is cutting his upper fronts-yes at the same time) he decided he would try a few steps. He took one and fell into me. Then tonight I was thinking...let's show Daddy our new skills and started practicing. Of course, Steve is getting things ready for work tomorrow and completely misses it and we don't get any video. BUT--Owen took 3 steps! WooHOO! Oh the excitement to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment